White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes

Today, my boys and I went to see ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's return home at the Cavs game! It was awesome & yes,(I know that there is a 8 1/2 month pregnant lady at home!) It was still awesome! Prior to catching the game, we embarked on a little culinary journey for brunch. My folks were in town and brought my nephew, he was the fourth member to take in the CAVS action. We went to The Cleveland Chophouse and had their Sunday Brunch buffet. There we many things that had alot of flavor but, the Chophouse is definitely known for 3 things: Homemade beer, Steaks, & of course; WHITE CHEDDAR MASHED POTATOES! I was inspired to put this humble side dish as the main attraction tonight. Hope you enjoy them as much as an Irish guy from a tiny town!

Cheers!

White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes

4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, skins removed
salt & pepper
1 lb shredded white cheddar cheese
1 quart 1/2 & 1/2 cream
1 T. minced roasted garlic

Method:

1. boil potatoes until soft. drain & reserve 1 c drain water
2. whip all ingredients together. add water if necessary.
3. serve as a side dish or just by themselves!

Popular Posts