Strip Steak with Pesto Mashers

I used to teach a cooking class at the restaurant that I was last chef at before "going to the dark side" as many of my NOW jealous chef friends told me. We had fun in the class, I taught a 3 course meal & our guests got to eat and drink their way through the tastes & thoughts of my mind. This is a recipe that I did in March of that year, 1, because I like steak & 2, because pesto sauce is green and it works well with a good steak!

Cheers!

Strip Steak with Pesto Mashers

2 ea 12 oz strip steak (USDA choice)
steak seasoning
olive oil
1 lb potatoes
1 c heavy cream
3 T butter(salted)
2 oz pesto sauce*
salt & pepper
8 ea cherry tomatoes
1/4 c yellow peppers, sliced
1/4 c green beans
1 teas minced garlic

Method:

1. season steak with olive oil and steak seasoning.
2. boil potatoes until soft, strain & add into mixing bowl with heavy cream, butter, salt, pepper & pesto sauce. whip until creamy and smooth. more cream can be added if they are still too dry.
3. grill steaks until desired temperature.
4. in saute, heat a bit of oil, garlic, tomatoes, beans & peppers. add salt & pepper and plate with steak and mashers.

Popular Posts