Sheri's Molten Chocolate Cakes

Everyone knows I have a sweet tooth. and when I worked in a restaurant for a living, well, that's a hard place to always find sweets. I had to make up my own sweet things. This is the result of a day of trying and almost giving up with six simple ingredients. I thought I was going crazy and then... an epiphany! Here's the result.

Oh yea, I wanted to dedicate this to my wife who is on the home stretch with our new addition, baby quinn is due to bless our world on April 18th.

Cheers!

Molten Chocolate Cake

18 oz semisweet chocolate, shaved or chips
1 lb butter
6 eggs
6 egg yolks
1/2 c. sugar
9 T. flour

Method:

1. melt together chocolate & butter over double boiler on medium heat.
2. in bowl, mix together eggs, yolks & sugar until well blended and foamy. blend in flour.
3. stir chocolate mixture into egg mixture and blend well until brownie like batter forms.
4. butter & flour 12 oven proof coffee cups or ramekins. pour mixture into cups evenly.
5. bake @ 325 degrees on cookie tray for 10-15 minutes. mixture should be risen but, still a little gooey in the middle.
6. Cool slightly and invert on to plate. cut open and let goodness ooze all over the plate. add some raspberries and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream.

Popular Posts