Penne Arrabiatta

There was a time that a skinny 20 year old stumbled into a tiny hole in the wall restaurant in Hudson, Ohio. I was a day late for my job interview and intimidated by alot of things.(I already had the job because of my best friend, it was his brother's restaurant) He just wanted to meet me to confirm that I wasn't a complete screw up! Clearly, I am proof that you can't always trust your first impression. This was the first recipe that I was taught in the kitchen; it's easy to make and tastes Damn Good!

Penne Arrabiatta

5 oz cooked penne pasta
1 teas. chopped
1 oz. olive oil
1/2 c. sliced red onions
10 each pitted kalamata olives
5 each cherry peppers, stem removed
1/4 c. banana peppers, mild
3 oz white wine
1 c. marinara sauce
1/2 teas. dry basil leaves
a pinch red pepper seeds
salt & pepper
2 T. shaved Romano cheese
2 ea. fresh basil leaves, chopped

Method:

1. in large saute pan, heat garlic, oil, onions, olives, cherry & banana peppers. Add wine, marinara sauce & dry spices and reduce to medium heat until sauce comes together.
2. add pasta noodles and toss liberally to get noodles nice & coated.
3. plate & top with fresh basil and Romano cheese.

Popular Posts