Raspberry Creme Brulee

One of my most favorite things is & always will be dessert. I first tried to make this dessert in 1997; I wrecked it, over and over and over! There were too many steps and I couldn't get it right. I even threw a batch of it against the wall, it made me so angry! That's what food is...passion & passionate decisions about ingredients. Smells, tastes & sounds of food are some of the Greatest things in life. It takes you back to the exact moment that you had it, even if you have forgotten about it for years! Long story short, I changed the recipe and got it right and now you get to try it!

Cheers!

Raspberry Creme Brulee makes 6 to 8 brulees

15 egg yolks
1 c sugar + 2 T
1 teas vanilla extract
2 quarts heavy cream
1 pint raspberries

Method:

1. in sauce pot, heat 1/2 c sugar, vanilla & heavy cream until cream scalds. remove from heat.
2. in large bowl, whisk egg yolks & 1/2 c sugar together.
3. slowly whisk cream into egg mixture in small amounts careful not to make eggs scramble.
4. ladle mixture equally into ramekins. add raspberries equally.
5. bake in 300 degree oven in a water bath for 25-35 minutes or until brulee sets up and only jiggles slightly. remove from oven and cool.
6. once cool, sprinkle sugar over top & heat in broiler to caramelize sugar.

Popular Posts