Irish Tiramisu

So, one day as I was making some tiramisu, I got a little bored with the traditional methods and flavors in it. So, I went into my little lab & since I'm an Irish man, I just had to find a way to work a little liquor into the recipe. This dessert is dedicated to the little leprechaun in all of us!

Irish Tiramisu

24 lady finger cookies
4 oz coffee
2 oz Frangelico liquor
2 oz chocolate chips
1 quart heavy cream
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 teas. vanilla extract
3 egg yolks
8 oz mascarpone cheese
2 oz Bailey's Irish creme liquor
1 teas. cinnamon

Method:
1. brew coffee. add Frangelico & chocolate chips. stir until chocolate is melted. set aside to cool.
2. in mixing bowl, temper eggs with just a touch of heavy cream whipping constantly.
3. in mixer, whip heavy cream, vanilla & powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. add eggs, cheese & Bailey's. mix until well blended & smooth.
4. dip quickly lady fingers into coffee & lay into 8x8 glass dish. once a full layer of cookies is placed, add layer of cream over top. repeat layering one more time.
5. top with cinnamon and chill to set up, 2 hours.

Popular Posts