Veal Romano

Tonight, I was reminded of a funny story. years ago, roughly 11 years ago, when I had my restaurant, I was delighted to cook a pre rehearsal dinner for my sister in law and future brother in law. You see, he went to Cornell and all his former roommates were in town, these are the future lawyers, rocket scientists, possible political figures. They came in, drank and ate alot, drank some more, etc. Long story short, Barney( one of the future lawyers ) ordered a Veal Romano and even though is a very cultured individual...to this day, thinks he ate a chicken dish! I guess it's true, most things do taste like chicken!!! So, the story is only actually funny now.

Cheers!

Veal Romano

3 pieces veal scallopini
1 oz flour
4 eggs, whipped
2 oz olive oil
1 teas. minced garlic in oil
1/2 oz sliced red onions
1/2 oz sliced mushrooms
1/4 oz shaved proscuitto
1 oz sambuca liquor
2 oz heavy cream
1 teas. butter
salt & pepper

Method:

1. flour and egg veal and saute in olive oil browning on each side. place in oven to finish.
2. in saute pan, heat garlic, red onion, mushrooms & proscuitto. add sambuca and cook off alcohol. add cream & butter, salt & pepper. serve.

Popular Posts