Cap'n D's Mighty Sea Bass

I got a friend (let's call him mike)  He always says you shout out to everyone on your blog in your recipes... How come you never shout out to me bro???  So, I asked him, "what do you like to eat?"  he says "don't you know me by now, it's obvious, I like everything!"  True that my brother!  So, I know he loves to eat seafood and he used to come into my cooking classes to support me but, also to learn a little.  Here's to you Mr. Discenza.

Cheers!

Cap'n D's Mighty Sea Bass

4 pieces skin on sea bass portions(6-8oz)
corn meal
12 pieces asparagus
shaved red onions
2 oz pancetta diced
olive oil
1 oz sugar
12 oz redskin potatoes(skin on)
1/2 c heavy cream
2 T. butter
salt & pepper
shaved pecorino romano pieces
sugar snap peas

Method:

1. dust sea bass with cornmeal and sear.  wrap fillets in red onions & top with asparagus. 
2. bake @ 325 for 10-12 minutes
3. caramelize pancetta in pan with oil and sugar.
4. whip redskins with cream, pancetta, butter, salt & pepper.
5.saute snap peas in caramel mixture.
6. plate sea bass over mashers with snap peas on side and drizzle remaining sugar glaze over top with chunks of cheese.

Popular Posts