Bucatini Americano

Every once in a while you get the opportunity to share inspiration.  Someone that goes above and beyond for others.  Something that brings a tear to your eye as you watch it.  Simple things that bring us all together.  I have been lucky enough to have my inspiration around me on a daily basis.  When I sold steaks, I used to visit a great restaurant in Little Italy, I became friends with the owners and we shared...Stories, recipes, ideas, passion.  I loved that place and their friendship.  The restaurant is gone now, but the friendships will last a very long time! 

Cheers!

Bucatini Americano

1 pound bucatini noodles(very long macaroni and cheese noodles, uncut)
4 oz pancetta, diced
1/4 c chopped fresh basil
3 T olive oil
1 red onion, diced fine
1/4 c white wine
1/2 c oven roasted tomato quarters
3 T. pecorino romano cheese, grated
salt & pepper
2 T. butter

Method:

1. cook noodles
2. in large saute pan, heat pancetta in oil, caramelizing it.  add onions and brown.
3. season with salt & pepper. add wine, tomatoes & basil.
4. add noodles, butter and 2 T of cheese, stir in well.
5. plate with remaining cheese grated over top.

Popular Posts