Port Wine Poached Pears with goat cheese & spinach oil

So, in my culinary travels, I might not have come across the fancy term that describes a dish or the exact method of cooking it....but, I can pretty much figure it out.  Not to toot my own horn, but, I can flat out cook!  In my experience, recipes come from all different places and inspiration, whether it be in the dry creek valley eating a spicy jam and bread with a bottle of wine or in downtown Chicago eating homemade salamis to sitting around a fire in our back yard, Food is life & life is food.  You gotta do both, so, Get out there!

Cheers!

Port wine poached pears with fresh spinach oil and crumbled goat cheese

2 pears, cored, seeded & peeled
1 bottle of port wine
2 oz crumbled goat cheese
4 c spinach
1 clove fresh garlic
3 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & pepper

Method:

1.slice pears into wedges.
2.poach in port wine over medium heat(alcohol will cook off, possible flames!), chill
3.in food processor, puree spinach, salt, pepper, garlic and Oil until well emulsified.
4.plate pears, spooning some additional wine sauce on plate, top with goat cheese & spinach oil.

Popular Posts