AHHH Sonoma!

Enough said!  My wife and I are visiting wine country in Sonoma with the Freehs and Discenzas!  What a group!  So far, we have tasted lots of wine and I have had the ability to cook a great dinner with amazing fresh ingredients that I have been able to pick from the back yard of our rental!  I will share these over the next several days.  They are easy to make and I hope you enjoy.

Cheers!


Stuffed Fig Caponata

1 pint of fresh mission figs
1 Meyer lemon, zest
6 slices french bread
fresh thyme
1 smalll bottle raspberry balsamic vinegar
1 teas hot sauce
2 oz smoked Gouda cheese


Method:

1.zest lemon over top of bread slices and add thyme.
   toast bread.
2.in food processor, grind bread, cheese and hot sauce until crust forms.
3.slice figs and arrange on oven tray.  top with crust and bake for 6 minutes
4.in sauce pan, reduce vinegar over low heat until a syrup consistency forms.
5.plate figs and spoon glaze all over dish.

Popular Posts