... And now, the Rest of the Steak

You waited long enough yet???  Here's the continuation of the story.  I spent my day Tuesday Iron Chef style with 1 hour, four secret ingredients followed by an hour to present what I just got done making the hour before.  I combined one of my most recent recipes along with a couple of dipping sauces and a strip steak two ways.  I have never been so nervous, excited, upset, happy, relaxed and full of anxiety all at the same time.  When the dust settled, well, the answer was simple... I was and remained true to who I am and walked away with my head held high! 

Life is very interesting.  Full of turns and twists.  Awesome God!

Cheers!

Strip Steak Duex

1 each 10 oz strip steak
2 potato pancakes
1 Fuji apple, julienned
1 red onion, julienned( 1/2 caramelized)
3 carrots, julienned
honey
poppy seeds
1 teas. siracha sauce
2 teas. cider vinegar
olive oil
blue cheese crumbles
citrus spice
white french dressing
roasted red pepper
stewed tomatoes

Method:

1.cut steak in half, season one half with citrus spice and sear rare. 
2.caramelize 1/2 of the red onion.  once finished, reserve liquid.
3.sear other half of steak in caramelized liquid to rare.
4.in bowl, combine apples, remaining onions, carrots, siracha, vinegar, poppy seeds & honey.
5.blend together dressing and roasted red pepper.
6.blend together tomatoes and part of caramelized onions.
7.cook potato cakes
8.plate cakes, topped with steak, sauces on side, slaw in middle topped with cheese & some onions on top of each steak piece.

Popular Posts