Bahama Bruschetta

13 years ago next month; I entered into the best partnership that I have ever been in.  Circa June 28, 1997 on an 88 degree day in Euclid, Ohio.  Brass horns were playing Louisiana Style Jazz, my bride was absolutely astonishing.  I had to pinch myself, was this really happening?!  Anyways, the next day, we traveled to Sandals in Nassau, Bahamas.  We ate alot of different kinds of food.  One dish in particular stuck with me and every time that I make it, I am reminded of a beautiful summer day on a Cloudless Island far away!

Cheers!

Bahama Bruschetta

4 ea chicken breasts
4 oz BBQ sauce
4 ea canned plum Roma tomatoes
fresh basil
4 slices mozzarella cheese
4 slices hearty bread

Method:

1. slowly sear chicken breast with BBQ in saute pan.
2. on oven pan, assemble with bread on bottom, topped with whole tomatoes followed by cooked chicken, basil and mozzarella cheese.
3. bake @ 350 for 6-8 minutes.
4. turn to broiler and brown cheese for additional 1-2 minutes.
5. grab a daiquiri and enjoy poolside.

Popular Posts