WOW! Crazy Awesome times!

I would like to take a few minutes to tell you about my week.  I spent it in Chicago assisting in transforming our company into the industry leader in culinary excellence!  I got the chance to eat at many awesome restaurants and hang out with many talented chefs!  It was awesome!  I got the opportunity to demo with comedian Marc DeCarlo, Met Regis Philbin & Mike Ditka, cook in front of 6000 people which I must admit, was very nerve racking...so, I said a prayer before entering the stage...and this is what showed up afterwards.  Oh, yeah; and get my mug on our company website!  I work for a GREAT COMPANY!!

Life is Good.

Here's a recipe that inspired me while in the windy city!

Braised Pork shoulder with buttermilk purple mashers & crispy baconed green beans

1 pork shoulder
cajun seasoning
honey
apple juice
apple slices
bacon(thick cut)slices, diced
brown sugar
cayenne pepper
buttermilk
purple potatoes
butter
salt & pepper
green beans

Method:

1.rub shoulder with cajun seasoning. braise in apple juice with honey & apple slices in 250 degree oven for 4-5 hours. or until fork tender.
2. boil purple potatoes.  whip with buttermilk, butter, salt & pepper.
3.on low heat, caramelize bacon with sugar & cayenne until nice and crisp.  Add green beans and lightly saute.

Popular Posts