The Monte Cubano

To end a week off for a great family vacation, I decide to take to the road,(actually, the decision was made almost a year and a half ago).  That, you see is when I purchased my tickets to see U2 in concert in central Michigan.  Following a year delay due to Bono's back surgery, the date was finally upon us!  So, we left Ohio on a pilgrimage to see the boys rock it out!  Upon our travels, we ate some good food, spent time on a farm that employees disabled former trauma patients, etc.

I love Cuban sandwiches!  So much, that, if it's on the menu, I order it. Here is my version of a recipe inspired by my Michigan time on Sunday.

Cheers!

The Monte Cubano

2 slices Texas toast
2 oz sliced honey smoked ham
2 oz pulled slightly barbecued pork
2 slices Havarti cheese
mustard
mayonnaise
sliced pickles
2 eggs
powdered sugar
raspberry preserves
fresh cut french fries

Method:

1.in bowl, whip eggs.
2.dip bread and fry french toast style.
3.heat ham & pork together topping with cheese once hot.
4.build sandwich bottom us with toast, mayo, pickles, meats, cheese, mustard & toast.
5.top with powdered sugar & serve with side of preserves and hot french fries!

Popular Posts