Happy Birthday to who?

Today started like any other except that when I got to work, I remembered that I am dealing with a giant freaking food show staring down at me!  Once I got up off of the floor, I managed to sort things out...kinda.  As I went through this day, I started to think as things piled on and on and on...maybe this is what a midlife crisis feels like in some sort of way!  Naa, I thought....Then, about 3 pm, you guessed it. 3 inches of snow, really???  Oh well, I have no intention of going through a midlife crisis if a day like today is what it would feel like!

Cheers!

Creamy Asiago and roasted red pepper Caesar Salad with Crispy Chicken Livers & Onions

1 head romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
2 c caesar dressing
1 ea roasted red pepper
multi grain croutons
asiago cheese
shaved red onions
flour(for dusting onions)
cajun seasoning
Buttermilk
6 pieces chicken livers

Method:

1.in bowl, marinate chicken livers in buttermilk for 2 hours.
2.in food processor, blend roasted red peppers and caesar dressing together well.
3.dredge livers in flour seasoned with cajun spices and pan fry for 3-4 minutes and finish in oven on 350 for  
   3-5 more.
4.dredge onions in seasoned flour and fry until golden brown.
5.assemble salad with well tossed lettuce topped with livers, onions, asiago cheese & croutons.

Popular Posts