Training Days

I believe in strength.  Strength of the mind is one of the most important things we have.  With training, comes strength.  Whatever your craft is, you should train to gain the wisdom & strength that molds your mind to be the best at your craft!  I have picked up on Saturday cooking to help me "mold my mind".  Often, I try and involve my boys by tricking them into helping me... and, when that doesn't work, I'll actually ask them.  I will work on things in the kitchen that I see as an opportunity to grow; whether it be pork belly, desserts or just making something new for dinner; my mind is clear of the regular stuff on Saturdays.  It has become a personal happy place!

Here's a fresh springtime sandwich that is surprisingly addictive!!!

Cheers to you and your own personal continuing education!

Quinney

Bahn Mi sandwich

4 hoagie buns
2 pc 3 oz boneless pork chops
1/4 c. flour
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 c. olive oil
1 bag broccoli slaw
fresh cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno, sliced thin
3 T. Korean BBQ sauce
1 t. sriracha sauce
1/2 t. sesame oil


Method:

1.slightly toast hoagie rolls
2.in bowl, mix together flour, ginger and cinnamon.
3.dredge pork in flour mix
4.pan fry in olive oil, 2 minutes each side. reserve.
5.in separate bowl, mix slaw with BBQ, sriracha and sesame oil.
6.slice pork into strips.
7.lay pork into hoagie rolls, top with slaw mix and finish with fresh jalapeno slices and cilantro.

Popular Posts