A Mother's Celebration

On the eve that we salute our Moms, and as I helped put my 3 wonderful redheads to bed, I paused to think of what life was like before I was able to kiss them goodnight....  Can't remember!  I can't imagine life without them and the reason that they exist, My life, My wife, Sheri!  I know it's on the calendar to celebrate on a certain Sunday in May, but I try and celebrate her every chance I get.  She is my best friend you know!  Also, I want to say that I would not be here if it was not for my mother, who I love very much!!!

I got the chance to cook Sheri a little mother's day kickoff dinner on Friday night.  Here's the recipe.  (notice, no real measurements.  use your judgement, It's dinner for 2)

Cheers!

Sheri's Linguine

1 lb fresh linguine
2 chicken breasts, julienned thin
1/2 banana pepper, julienned thin
lemon juice
olive oil
salt & pepper
honey
balsamic vinegar
fresh basil
roasted garlic cloves
caramelized onions
bread crumbs
shaved Romano cheese

Method:

1.in bowl, mix together pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, honey & balsamic vinegar. Add chicken breasts and let set for 15 minutes.
2.in hot saute pan heat all of marinade mixture for 3-4 minutes on medium high heat. 
3.cook linguine 3-4 minutes in boiling water. strain.
4.add onions, basil & garlic to sauce.  turn to low heat.
5.add linguine into sauce, plate and top with toasted bread crumbs and Romano cheese.
6. Celebrate with the Moms in your life!!!

Popular Posts