Butternut Squash Risotto

Tis the Season to be jorry!  FARARARARARARARARA!   19 days until the big fat man comes flying down my chimney with a bucket of coal for me!!!  ha, as I sit here this evening writing my recipe, I look out my window and try to remember that it is still technically fall right??? You wouldn't know by looking outside our window, looks to be about 13 inches or so on the ground and the snow machine just won't slow down!!!  Oh, well, here's to you this cold December evening.

Cheers!

Butternut Squash Risotto

3 c. arborio rice
1/2 red onion, diced
2 T. olive oil
6 c. chicken broth
2 c. butternut squash soup or bisque
2 c. heavy cream
1 c. roasted red pepper, sliced
1/2 c. shredded asiago cheese
fresh basil, chopped

Method:

1.in large saucepan, saute onion in olive oil until translucent on high.  Turn down heat to low.
2.add rice and saute for a minute.  add stock in small amounts reducing until rice is just al dente.
3.add soup, cream, peppers, cheese and basil mixing until well blended.
4.serve with additional asiago cheese over top.

Popular Posts