Clarity, Patience and Commitment!

Welcome back!  As many of you know, each year my family and I spend a week on the shores of Northwestern Lake Erie in a community called Lakeside, Ohio.  It is here, where I am able to unplug from the life of business and get back to the soul of life!  Putt-putt, shuffleboard, donuts and ice cream are the biggest decisions that I have to make in this singular week.  It is here where my family and I can be just that... Our family!  Centered in an environment of culture that is nearly lost in time. Family dinners together, no major electronics, naps, nightly family entertainment, bike rides, scavenger hunts and a speed limit of 5 mph!  I long for this way of life to be the norm but, alas, the week ends and the reality of faster paced life sets back in.  Although, I would argue that it doesn't have to "Set In" at least not yet.

If there is one thing that I have learned in our 12 years of pilgrimages to this portal to pleasantville, it's this...  When you focus on the real reason that you are here on this rock for such a short time, it's easy to remember the important stuff!  For me, it's Faith, Family and love for life!

Wherever you find is your own personal "Lakeside, Ohio", I sure hope it brings you the clarity and thoughts on what is important as well as how we celebrate the things that are!  And, let the things that aren't just melt away......

Cheers,
Quinney

Here's a little summer treat to celebrate life on a steak or by themselves!

#bethesalt

Crispy Balsamic Onion Straws

1 onion, thinly sliced
1/4 c. balsamic glaze
1 c. rice flour
canola oil for frying

method:
1.soak onions in balsamic glaze for 10 minutes. drain.
2.toss in rice flour to coat well. (onions will be dark)
3.heat oil in saucepan on medium high.
4.fry onions in oil until nice and crispy. (3-5 minutes)
5.remove onions from oil and drain on paper towel.
6.enjoy!
farm fresh salad

Anniversary munchies

A gift from Cameron on Father's Day

Popular Posts