Cracklin'' BBQ Chicken

I always get the opportunity to see "What's Hot" in food and right now, it's food from the car easthis, In my kitchen experiments last week, I wanted to utilize some common ingredients in a new way.  I had honey, pineapple juice, fresh ginger, green onions, soy sauce but, I needed 1 more ingredient.  I looked around and found it... Hot chili garlic paste.  (You can get it in the grocery in the world foods aisle)  It looked like a combo of hot sauce and ketchup.  I have had this before but, never as the "star" of the dish.  Sheri wanted some sweet and spicy chicken and there you have it!

Cheers!

Cracklin' BBQ Chicken

6 chicken ossobuco(small chicken legs)
3 oz chicken broth or stock
2 oz Hot chili garlic paste
3 oz pineapple juice
2 oz honey
chopped green onions
shredded fresh garlic(as much as you like)
1 oz soy sauce
3 oz wild rice blend

Method:

1.roast chicken legs in a little chicken stock @ 350 degrees in oven for 10-12 minutes or until fully cooked.
2.in bowl, mix all other ingredients except for rice blend.  Blend well
3.make rice blend
4.toss chicken in sauce & reheat for 3-4 minutes.
5.plate over rice.

Popular Posts