A Whipped Epiphany!

Holy cow!  It's in the midst of simple moments when great things come.  Saturday, My lovely was thinking about what she was gonna do for a dinner that we were going to attend where we were designated dessert...  I now, she married a chef and he has thousands of ideas.... not so fast!  Although, I can create some crazy good dessert type stuff; my wife is a pretty damn cook herself!  Here recipes are in a lot of cases 3 steps fewer and 5 steps better!  So, when she wants to make dessert, it's not a struggle, I let it happen, plain and simple....

Okay, I meddle a little bit, but, not much.  She asks my opinion sometimes because she wants it and sometimes because she wants to appease me:)  Either way, I have a little input into these creations.  She loves home made whipped cream and until Saturday, her favorite was my cinnamon whipped cream.  But, there was something better.  Something that would make you think WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS BEFORE!!!  it is whipped cream after all and it's a topping.  NOPE, it's the main event!

Cheers!
Quinney

Brown Butter Whipped Cream

1 pint heavy whipping cream chilled
1 c. powdered sugar
1 stick salted butter

Napoleons

1 qt Strawberries (cut)
1 pint blackberries
1 pint blueberries
1 t. sugar
1 frozen pie crust flat (grocery store frozen foods)
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 T. butter

Method:

for Napoleons
cut pie shell into squares 2" x 2"
melt butter.
brush crusts with butter on parchment lined cookie sheet.
sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
bake at 325 for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
reserve.
toss berries together and season with a touch of sugar.

for Whipped cream:

in small saute on high, heat stick of butter.  when it breaks down and the sediment just starts to brown, Remove from heat!
put mixer bowl into freezer for 10 minutes to chill completely.
whip on high speed heavy cream until soft peaks just form.
add powdered sugar.
dredge spoon into saute pan to get just the brown sediment from the butter and pour that sediment into cream.
continue to mix until peaks are stiff and the flavor is where you want it.

Spoon on crust with berries and ENJOY!!!

Popular Posts