Anyways, I got to do a stage demo in Cincinnati last week for our company and utilized farro in the form of risotto for a seasonal fall dish. It was quite yummy to steal a phrase from another Michigan friend (Scott Simpson). I hope you enjoy. I will post the other recipes that make up this delicious fall dish in the coming days...
1 c. farro
¼ c. chopped yellow onion
3 T. salted butter
4 c. vegetable stock
1 c. heavy cream
¼ c. mascarpone cheese
¼ c. fresh shaved Asiago cheese
Kosher salt & cracked black pepper (to taste)
- In large sauté pan, heat butter with yellow onions until translucent over medium heat.
- add farro and toast for about 1-2 minutes. Turn heat down to medium low.
- add stock a ladle at a time to cover the farro.
- simmer, stirring every 1-2 minutes.
- when al dente is reached, add heavy cream, mascarpone cheese and Asiago. Season with salt and pepper.