Keep Your Kids Happy :)

Last night was "Boys night"!  The self proclaimed evening where my 3 sons are with me only.  Mom is out, and I have added responsibilities...  This means, a personal, higher self-induced stress level, shortness of conversations and NO ipads, ipods or anything that has the letter "i" in front of it!  I usually just take them out for dinner because.... well, sometimes, I'm just lazy that way.   But, my wife started to assist in making one of my signature kids dishes and kinda forced me into not taking the lazy way out.  Thanks honey for that ;)

I can take these boys nights for granted all to often and let them slip away too easy.  I shouldn't, plain and simple.  And, starting last night, I won't!!!  All my boys sat around the table eating all of their green beans(without me threatening), all of their rice and of course all of their chicken.  I credit Grandpa for a bit of it due to his good conversation without technology during dinner but, also, when you find a good meal that makes your kids happy, even though, it might not be what you want to make or do...... as the commercial says.... JUST DO IT!

I love my boys and will not take these boys nights for granted again.  After all, the clock is ticking and soon, they will have their own '"Boys nights".  All I can hope is that I have instilled the desire and need for them to continue this Important tradition!

Cheers!

Quinney

 Pretzel crusted chicken chunks

4 chicken breasts, 6 oz (cubed)
1/2 c. honey mustard
1/4 c. heavy cream
2 c. pretzels
1/2 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 T. grated Romano cheese
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
vegetable oil

Method:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

1. in bowl, mix mustard and heavy cream.
2. place chicken chunks into mustard mixture, coating completely.
3. in food processor, grind pretzels with bread crumbs and cheeses.  transfer to bowl.
4. heat saute pan with vegetable oil on medium heat.
5. dredge chicken into pretzel mixture.
6. fry in oil to brown on both sides, 1-3 minutes.
7. transfer to oven pan.  add a touch of water and heat in oven 8-10 minutes or until chicken just cooked through.
8. serve with a favorite side.  ours is green beans with almonds and chicken flavored rice.


Popular Posts